Art of the Turkey Brine
- 5.5 ounces brine mix
- 2 quarts water plus additional for cooling and covering turkey, divided
- 6-8 pounds turkey breast with rib cage cleaned
- 1 5- gallon bucket and lid
- In pan, mix brine with water. Heat to high 5 minutes to dissolve sugar and salt.
- Cool brine mixture; add ice water and mix well. Place turkey in bucket and cover with water and brine.
- Place bucket in refrigerator or cooler. Brine 45 minutes per pound. Remove turkey from brine.
- Heat wood fire grill to 350 F. Cook turkey 20 minutes then turn temperature to 275 F. Cook 1 hour, 40 minutes until internal temperature reaches 170 F.
- Allow turkey to rest about 15 minutes prior to carving to allow juices to settle.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!