Recipe Credit: Eat Wheat
Air Fryer Popcorn Steak Bites
- 1 1/2 lbs. tenderized cube steaks
- Spray oil
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- ½ tsp. dried oregano
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 large egg
- 2 Tbsp. water
- Cut steaks into 1-inch cubes.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk together flour, bread crumbs and all seasonings. In another shallow bowl, whisk together egg and water.
- Dip each piece of steak first in the flour mixture, then the egg mixture, then back into the flour mixture; shake off excess flour and egg each time. Set steak pieces aside to rest for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the air fryer at 400 F for
- 5 minutes.
- Spray air fryer basket generously with oil. Arrange breaded steak pieces in the basket and spray tops with oil. Air fry for 7-9 minutes at 400 F, until golden brown. Open halfway through and flip steak pieces or shake air fryer basket for crispier steak bites.
- Depending on the size of air fryer, it may be necessary to cook steak pieces in batches.
- Serve with your choice of dipping sauce or gravy.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!