- Frozen roll dough thawed, but still cold (recommended 12 to 16 Rhodes Texas Rolls; see note)
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 medium cabbage shredded (6 to 8 cups or an equal amount of coleslaw mix can be used)
- Seasoning salt and pepper
- Worcestershire sauce
- 16 ounces mozzarella cheese cut into cubes
- Butter optional
- Brown ground beef and onion, add cabbage and cook until tender. Drain and add seasoning salt, pepper and Worcestershire sauce to taste. Cool.
- Heat oven to 350° Flatten or roll each roll dough into a six-inch circle, being careful not to stretch too thin. Place about 1/3 cup of filling into the center of each circle. Place a cube of mozzarella cheese into the middle of the filling. Pull edges of dough over filling and pinch to gather in a bundle to seal, so the filling does not leak out.
- Place rolls (pinched side down) on a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake until golden brown, 25 to 30 minutes. Brush baked rolls with melted butter, if desired.
- Serve with your favorite condiments.
If using frozen roll dough other than Texas-sized, use two dough balls per bierock. Depending on size of buns, recipe can make 12-15.
Sodium: 302mgCalcium: 237mgVitamin C: 28mgVitamin A: 330IUSugar: 3gFiber: 2gPotassium: 375mgCholesterol: 84mgCalories: 328kcalTrans Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 9gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 11gFat: 24gProtein: 22gCarbohydrates: 6gIron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!