Blueberry and Pomegranate Power Bars
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 8 cups popped popcorn
- 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup dried blueberries
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 cup whole natural almonds toasted and coarsely chopped
- 2/3 cup honey
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate melted
- Line 13-by-9-inch pan with foil; spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- In large bowl, combine popcorn, oats, blueberries, pomegranate seeds and almonds.
- In small saucepan over low heat, boil honey, brown sugar and butter 2 minutes. Pour over popcorn mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Using damp hands, press mixture firmly into prepared pan. Refrigerate until firm, about 2 hours. Cut into 12 bars.
- Dip bottoms of bars into melted chocolate. Place on wax paper-lined pan; refrigerate until ready to serve. Store in tight covered container in refrigerator.
Sodium: 32mgCalcium: 55mgVitamin C: 1mgVitamin A: 65IUSugar: 42gFiber: 19gPotassium: 603mgCholesterol: 6mgCalories: 738kcalTrans Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 5gPolyunsaturated Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 5gFat: 16gProtein: 16gCarbohydrates: 136gIron: 5mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!