Brown Sugar Pound Cake
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour plus additional for coating pan, divided
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup 2 sticks butter, softened
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- sweetened whipped cream for topping (optional)
- fresh fruit such as strawberries and blueberries, for topping (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Grease and flour 9-by-5-by-3-inch loaf pan.
- In large bowl, beat sugar and butter until fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time. Add vanilla. In separate bowl, combine 1 3/4 cups flour, baking powder and salt. Gradually add to sugar mixture.
- Pour batter into pan.
- Bake 1 hour, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from pan and turn out on rack to cool completely.
- Top with sweetened whipped cream and fresh fruit, if desired.
To make sweetened whipped cream, mix 1 pint of heavy whipping cream with 1/2 cup powdered sugar and a splash of vanilla. Add more sugar for sweeter whipped cream.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!