Cheesecake Ice Cream with Fruit Swirls
Homemade ice cream is a hallmark of many family events frombirthday celebrations and pool parties to warm weather holidays spent baskingin the sunshine. Completely customizable with an array of fruits or other tastymix-ins plus toppings of your choice, it’s a perfect way to put a grin on lovedones’ faces.
- 12 ounces cream cheese cut into cubes
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup half-and-half
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/4 teaspoons lemon juice divided
- 1 dash salt
- 1/3 cup blueberry raspberry, cherry, strawberry, peach or apricot fruit spread
- In large mixer bowl of electric mixer, beat cream cheese and sugar on medium speed until fluffy. Add sour cream, half-and-half, vanilla, 1 teaspoon lemon juice and salt. Beat on low speed until combined then beat on medium speed until smooth. Cover and refrigerate 2-24 hours, or until cold.
- Pour cream cheese mixture into 1 1/2-quart ice cream freezer. Freeze according to manufacturer’s directions.
- In small bowl, stir fruit spread and remaining lemon juice.
- Spoon about one-third of ice cream into 2-quart food storage container. Spoon about half of fruit spread mixture in dollops over ice cream. Repeat layers. Top with remaining ice cream. Cover and freeze 4-24 hours.
- To serve, scoop ice cream into dessert dishes.
Sodium: 104mgCalcium: 64mgVitamin C: 1mgVitamin A: 556IUSugar: 15gFiber: 1gPotassium: 86mgCholesterol: 45mgCalories: 209kcalMonounsaturated Fat: 4gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 9gFat: 15gProtein: 3gCarbohydrates: 16gIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!