Cheesy Frittata with Veggies
- 2 heads garlic
- olive oil
- 2 medium leeks sliced
- 8 ounces blanched chopped broccoli
- salt to taste
- 9 eggs
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 ounces grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- To make roasted garlic: Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Slice 1/4 inch off entire heads of garlic and place cut sides down in 1-liter casserole dish. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt; cover with lid.
- Bake 35-45 minutes until heads of garlic are soft and light brown. Let cool then use back of knife to squeeze garlic from pods.
- To make frittata: Lower oven to 375 F.
- In saute pan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Cook leeks until soft; add broccoli then season with salt, to taste, and remove from heat.
- In mixing bowl, mix roasted garlic, sauteed leeks and broccoli, eggs, parsley, Parmigiano Reggiano and cream; place in 9-inch pie dish and bake approximately 20 minutes until top of frittata is brown. Remove from oven and let cool slightly before cutting and serving.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!