Chewy Brownie Mix (In a Jar)
For the jar:
- 1 ⅔ cups granulated sugar
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ⅓ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Ingredients the recipient needs:
- ¾ cup 1 ½ sticks unsalted butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- confectioners sugar optional
To make the jar:
- In a clean quart-sized glass jar, layer the sugar, cocoa, baking powder, salt, flour and chocolate chips. It should fill the jar just to the top. Use a funnel or spoon the ingredients in to prevent spilling and make a beautiful pattern.
- Put on the lid, a square of decorated fabric if desired, and then tighten jar ring.
- Tie a ribbon around the jar ring or decorate the jar any way you choose.
To make brownies:
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Great a 9x13 in baking pan.
- Stir together3/4 cup melted butter, two large eggs, 2 tablespoons water and 2 teaspoons vanilla extract until well mixed.
- Add the brown mix to the wet ingredients and mix well.
- Pour into prepared baking pan and bake for 20-24 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out slightly sticky.
- Cool completely in pan on a wire cooling rack. Dust with powdered sugar, if desired.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!