During chilly autumn days, dark cocoa, coffee and lots of cinnamon combine to create a mocha, the ultimate cozy-in-a-cup.
- 1/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp. dark, unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup sugar or sweetener equivalent
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 cup hot espresso or strong coffee
- 2 cups whole milk nut milk can be substituted
- Whipped cream and shaved semi-sweet chocolate for topping
- In a small, heat-proof bowl, whisk cocoa powder, sugar and cinnamon; slowly whisk in the hot espresso or coffee until mixture is smooth.
- In a medium saucepan, heat milk over medium heat. Add the espresso mixture, continuing to whisk constantly until it comes to a boil.
- Divide the mocha between two mugs. Top with whipped cream, chocolate shavings or a dash of cinnamon, if desired.
Also delicious served iced.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!