Confetti Coleslaw with Creamy Buttermilk Dressing
- 6 cups finely chopped green and red cabbage
- 1/2 cup finely chopped carrot
- 1/2 white onion finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 Tbs. whole milk
- 2 Tbs. buttermilk
- 1 Tbs. lemon juice
- 2 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. celery seeds
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine the chopped cabbage, carrot and onion with the 1/2 tsp. salt, place in a large fine-mesh sieve and allow to drain over a bowl for at least one hour, using the back of a spoon to press out any extra liquid.
- Whisk or shake In a small jar the mayo, sugar, milk, buttermilk, lemon juice, vinegar, celery seeds and salt and pepper until completely blended and smooth and creamy. Adjust seasonings to taste.
- Pour dressing over slaw and toss to combine. Slaw can be made up to one day before serving.
Sodium: 398mgCalcium: 92mgVitamin C: 42mgVitamin A: 2811IUSugar: 19gFiber: 3gPotassium: 299mgCholesterol: 4mgCalories: 135kcalTrans Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gFat: 4gProtein: 2gCarbohydrates: 24gIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!