Corn, Butter Bean and Potato Salad
- 3 medium waxy potatoes cooked, peeled and cubed (whole small red potatoes with skin on work well, too)
- 1 15- ounce can white butter beans or white lima beans drained and rinsed lightly (or two cups cooked, drained butter beans)
- 3 ears of fresh young corn kernels cut and scraped from the cobs
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1-1/2 Tbs. lemon juice
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp. sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tbs. chopped chives
- Toss together the potatoes, beans and corn. Set aside.
- Whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, mayonnaise, sugar, salt and pepper. Fold into the potato mixture. This recipe makes enough dressing to just coat the salad ingredients. If you like your salad with lots of dressing, increase the amounts by half.
- Sprinkle salad with chives and mix. Refrigerate for 1 hour, covered, before serving.
Serves 6 to 8.
Sodium: 92mgCalcium: 28mgVitamin C: 25mgVitamin A: 136IUSugar: 7gFiber: 9gPotassium: 961mgCholesterol: 1mgCalories: 338kcalTrans Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 9gPolyunsaturated Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 2gFat: 15gProtein: 10gCarbohydrates: 44gIron: 3mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!