Creamy Spinach, Mushroom and Lasagna Soup
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 medium onion diced
- 8 oz. mushrooms such as white button, crimini or portabella, sliced
- 1 jar (24 oz.) marinara sauce
- 1 can (15 oz.) diced tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 2 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp. granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp. dried basil
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 6 lasagna noodles broken into pieces
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 5 oz. fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup whole milk ricotta
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese for topping
- Heat large pot over medium heat. Add olive oil, garlic, onion and mushrooms. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onions and mushrooms soften, 4-5 minutes.
- Add marinara, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, vinegar, sugar, basil, salt, oregano, pepper, bay leaf and broth. Bring to boil over high heat then reduce heat to low and simmer. Add lasagna noodles and cook, stirring often, until softened, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and remove bay leaf. Stir in heavy cream and spinach until wilted, 2-3 minutes.
- Divide between bowls and top each with dollop of ricotta and sprinkle of mozzarella.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!