Cuban Chicken with Salsa Fresca
- 1 cup grapefruit juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 1/4 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup grapefruit segments
- 1/2 jicama cubed
- 1/2 red onion chopped
- 3/4 cup grapefruit juice
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper chopped
- Heat oven to 400 F.
- In large bowl, mix grapefruit juice, oil, garlic powder, cumin, paprika and red pepper until combined. Add chicken to bowl and turn to coat. Refrigerate 30 minutes or longer.
- To make salsa fresca: In medium bowl, mix grapefruit segments, jicama, red onion, grapefruit juice, olive oil, cilantro and jalapeno pepper until combined. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Remove chicken from marinade. Place chicken in baking dish. Bake 25-30 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
- Serve chicken with salsa fresca.
Sodium: 70mgCalcium: 34mgVitamin C: 43mgVitamin A: 348IUSugar: 11gFiber: 4gPotassium: 729mgCholesterol: 71mgCalories: 375kcalMonounsaturated Fat: 14gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 4gFat: 22gProtein: 27gCarbohydrates: 18gIron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!