Dijon and Herb Rubbed Beef Roast
- 1 beef rib roast bone-in 2-4 ribs, small end, back bone removed (6 to 8 lbs.)
- 3 Tbsp. plus 2 tsp. Dijon mustard divided
- 1 Tbsp. steak seasoning blend
- 1 tsp. dried rosemary leaves
- 3 cups fresh cranberries about 12 oz.
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup honey
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Combine 3 Tbsp. mustard, steak seasoning and rosemary in small bowl. Rub evenly onto all surfaces of beef rib roast.
- Place roast, fat-side up, in shallow roasting pan. Insert ovenproof meat thermometer so tip is centered in thickest part of beef, not resting in fat or touching bone. Do not add water or cover. Roast in 350 F oven 21/4 to 21/2 hours for medium rare; 21/2 to 3 hours for medium doneness.
- Meanwhile, combine cranberries, water and honey in medium saucepan; bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat; simmer 10-15 minutes or until berries burst and mixture is syrupy. Stir in remaining 2 tsp. mustard; remove from heat. Set aside.
- Remove roast when meat thermometer registers 135 F for medium rare; 145 F for medium doneness. Transfer roast to carving board; tent loosely with aluminum foil. Let stand 15-20 minutes. (Temperature will continue to rise about 10-15 F to reach 145 F for medium rare; 160 F for medium.)
- Carve roast into slices; season with salt and pepper, as desired. Serve with cranberry sauce.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!