Easy Roasted Asparagus with Blender Hollandaise Sauce
Hollandaise Sauce adapted from Julia Child's "Mastering the Art of French Cooking"
- 1 lb. fresh asparagus cleaned with bottom ends trimmed
- Olive oil
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Pinch of pepper cayenne is also an option
- 1 to 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup 1 stick unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- Heat oven to 400 F. Place asparagus in a large bowl. Toss with olive oil to coat evenly, Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Arrange asparagus in an even layer on a baking sheet lined with non-stick foil. Bake until bright green and tender, 10 to 12 minutes. Serve with Blender Hollandaise Sauce topped with chopped hard cooked eggs (optional).
- Sauce should be prepared immediately before serving but can be kept warm by placing the blender jar in tepid (not warm) water.
- Place the butter cubes in a small saucepan on low heat. Heat until melted, hot and foamy.
- Place egg yolks, salt, pepper and lemon juice in the blender jar. Place the lid on the blender and blend the egg yolk mixture at top speed for 2 seconds (and up to 30 seconds) until foamy. Uncover (or remove small center lid on top of blender), still blending at top speed and immediately start slowly drizzling in the hot melted butter in a thin stream of droplets.
- By the time two-thirds of the butter has gone in, the sauce will be a thick, creamy consistency. Taste sauce, and blend in any additional seasonings and lemon juice to taste. Pour over fresh roasted asparagus or use it for egg Benedics, etc.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!