Flatbread with Caramelized Onions, Bacon and Arugula
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large sweet onion sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 naan flatbread rectangular shape
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 cup fontina cheese shredded
- 4 slices bacon
- olive oil optional
- lemon juice optional
- To make caramelized onions: In pan over medium-high heat, heat butter and olive oil. Add onions and let sit about 5 minutes. Once onions start sweating, turn heat to low and cover pan. Cook onions to deep golden brown, stirring every 10-15 minutes. With 10 minutes left, stir in balsamic vinegar.
- To make flatbread: Preheat oven to 425 F.
- On flatbread, layer cheese, bacon and caramelized onions. Bake 13-15 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly and edges are golden brown.
- Toss arugula with olive oil and lemon juice, if desired, before placing on flatbread.
Sodium: 1345mgCalcium: 844mgVitamin C: 8mgVitamin A: 1183IUSugar: 12gFiber: 2gPotassium: 294mgCholesterol: 141mgCalories: 782kcalMonounsaturated Fat: 13gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 26gFat: 51gProtein: 37gCarbohydrates: 45gIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!