Beef. It’s What’s for Dinner
Four-Way Baked Mini Meatballs
- 1 lb. ground beef 93% lean or leaner
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh spinach
- 1/4 cup seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 2 egg whites or 1 whole egg
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- Heat oven to 400 F. Combine all ingredients in large bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Shape into 24, 1-inch meatballs. Place on rack in broiler pan sprayed with cooking spray. Bake in 400° F oven 18 to 20 minutes.
- Use meatballs to prepare one of the following.
- Heat oven to 450 F. Spread pizza or marinara sauce over four 8-inch pita breads. Carefully cut cooked meatballs in half; place on pizza. Top evenly with 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese. Place on baking sheets. Bake in 450 F oven 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted and crusts are crisp.
- Heat 1 jar (14-1/2 oz.) marinara sauce according to package directions. Add cooked meatballs; stir to coat. Spoon meatball-sauce mixture evenly into 4 split French bread rolls. Top with sautéed onion and bell pepper, and shredded mozzarella cheese.
Meatballs and Pasta
- Cook 8 oz. of pasta according to package directions; drain. Heat 1 jar (26 oz.) pasta sauce according to package directions. Add cooked meatballs to pasta sauce; stir to coat evenly. Serve over pasta.
- Combine 1 can (15 oz.) drained Great Northern or pinto beans, 1 can (14-1/2 oz.) undrained seasoned diced tomatoes, 1 can (14-1/2 oz.) ready-to-serve beef broth, 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables and 1 cup water in medium saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 5 minutes. Add cooked meatballs; continue simmering 5 minutes. Serve with shredded Parmesan cheese, if desired.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!