- 2 cups graham flour recommended: King Arthur Whole Wheat Pastry Flour/Graham Flour
- 1 cup corn meal
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1-1/4 cups buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbs. molasses
- 1 stick butter melted and cooled
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8-inch loaf pan and set aside.
- Combine flour, corn meal, baking powder, soda and salt in a large mixing bowl. Whisk buttermilk with eggs and molasses; stir into dry ingredients until well-combined. Mix in butter. The batter should be a slightly thicker consistency than pound cake batter (add a little more milk, if necessary).
- Spread batter in prepared loaf pan. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes (use a toothpick to test doneness), or until golden brown.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!