Grilled Bacon Cheeseburgers
FOR THE GARLIC AIOLI SAUCE:
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
FOR THE BACON CHEESEBURGERS:
- 4 thick cut slices bacon
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- ½ teaspoon steak seasoning blend
- 4 hamburger buns split
- 4 slices cheese such as Colby Jack
- Toppings: lettuce leaves tomato slices (optional)
FOR THE GARLIC AIOLI SAUCE
- In a small bowl, blend together garlic, mayonnaise, mustard, lemon juice and olive oil. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
FOR THE BACON
- Heat a grill to medium-high heat. Place bacon directly on grill and cook 8 to 12 minutes, turning as needed to ensure even cooking. Transfer to a plate. Set aside.
FOR THE CHEESEBURGERS
- Combine bround beef, breadcrumbs and steak seasoning blend in large bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Lightly shape into four ½-inch patties.
- Place patties on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 8 to 10 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 7 to 9 minutes) until instant-read thermometer inserted horizontally into center registers 160°F, turning occasionally.
- Spread garlic aioli sauce on each bun. Line bottom of each bun with lettuce and tomato, if desired; top with burger, cheese slice and grilled bacon. Close sandwiches.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!