Grilled Tequila-Lime Chicken and Asparagus
- 1/4 cup tequila or white vinegar
- 2 tsp. lime zest
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 medium garlic cloves minced
- 1 Tbsp. chipotle pepper canned in adobo sauce minced, plus 2 Tbsp. adobo sauce
- 1 1/2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts, fat discarded
- nonstick cooking spray
- 3 bunches asparagus spears trimmed
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper divided
- 2 Tbsp. canola oil or corn oil
- In small bowl, stir tequila, lime zest, lime juice, garlic, chipotle pepper and adobo sauce. Pour into large resealable plastic bag. Add chicken and seal bag tightly; turn bag to coat. Refrigerate 2-12 hours.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Lightly spray grates with nonstick cooking spray.
- In large dish, sprinkle asparagus with salt and 1/4 tsp. pepper. Drizzle with oil. Turn asparagus over to coat.
- Remove chicken from marinade. Discard marinade and wipe most of it off chicken. Sprinkle chicken with remaining pepper.
- Grill 8-12 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink in center. Transfer to plate and cover with aluminum foil.
- Place asparagus on grill, facing opposite direction of grates. Grill 7 minutes, or until tender crisp.
- Serve asparagus with chicken.
- Note If you cannot find chipotle in adobo sauce, substitute smoked chile powder or smoked paprika and canned tomato sauce with onion.
Sodium: 335mgCalcium: 29mgVitamin C: 15mgVitamin A: 394IUSugar: 1gFiber: 1gPotassium: 950mgCholesterol: 143mgCalories: 455kcalTrans Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 10gPolyunsaturated Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 4gFat: 19gProtein: 52gCarbohydrates: 6gIron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!