Grilled Warm Potato Salad
Potato salad is a classic side dish recipe, but the best potato salads include bacon! This warm potato salad recipe is a unique, classy twist on the traditional potato salad. Besides, what’s not to love about potato and bacon together?
- 6 slices bacon thick-cut cooked until crisp, then coarsely crumbled
- 2 pounds red new potatoes golf-ball size, scrubbed and poked with a fork
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 green onions including green tops cut crosswise into thin rounds
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 large clove garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Prepare a medium fire in a charcoal grill or preheat a gas grill on medium. In a medium bowl, toss potatoes with olive oil until well coated.
- Arrange potatoes around cool outer edges of grill or place on upper rack if grill is so equipped.
- Cover and grill potatoes until tender when pierced with a knife, about 20 minutes.
- While potatoes are grilling, put green onions and bacon in a large bowl, and make dressing. Combine olive oil, vinegar, garlic, parsley, salt, sugar and pepper in a small bowl. Set aside.
- When potatoes are tender, transfer to a cutting board and cool for 5 minutes.
- Cut potatoes in half and add to bacon and onions in the bowl.
- Stir dressing to combine and pour over potatoes.
- Gently toss to thoroughly combine. Serve immediately.
The potato salad can be made up to 2 hours prior to serving. Cover and set aside at room temperature.
Sodium: 656mgCalcium: 27mgVitamin C: 16mgVitamin A: 218IUSugar: 2gFiber: 3gPotassium: 797mgCholesterol: 24mgCalories: 383kcalTrans Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 16gPolyunsaturated Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 7gFat: 28gProtein: 8gCarbohydrates: 26gIron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!