Honey-Chipotle Pork Kabobs
- 1 pound New York top loin pork chops about 1 inch thick, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 orange-fleshed sweet potato about 12 ounces, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 12 ounces small red potatoes or white potatoes about 1 inch in diameter (or halved if 2 inches in diameter)
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce purchased or homemade
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3 canned chipotle chiles in adobo sauce minced or more to taste
- 12 scallions white and light green parts only cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup goat cheese crumbled
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro chopped
- Place sweet potatoes and red or white potatoes in a medium saucepan, cover with cold water by 1 inch, and season water with salt. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce to a simmer and cook until potatoes are cooked but still firm, 3 to 5 minutes. Drain and set aside to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine barbecue sauce, honey and chipotles. Divide mixture in half and set both batches aside.
- Thread pork, sweet potatoes, potatoes and scallions onto 8 12-inch skewers (pre-soaked in water if wood or bamboo). Prepare a grill to medium-hot heat and thoroughly oil the grate. Cook 2 1/2 to 3 minutes on each side, brushing with one batch of the sauce each time you turn, cooking until all 4 sides are charred, pork is cooked through, and the sauce is used up, about 10 minutes. Transfer skewers to a platter and set aside to rest 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle skewers with cheese and cilantro. Serve hot with the remaining batch of sauce on the side.
Sodium: 585mgCalcium: 113mgVitamin C: 16mgVitamin A: 8765IUSugar: 53gFiber: 6gPotassium: 1213mgCholesterol: 89mgCalories: 578kcalTrans Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 5gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 7gFat: 15gProtein: 34gCarbohydrates: 81gIron: 3mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!