Italian Sausage, Spinach and Tomato Rigatoni
- 1/2 box rigatoni pasta
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 cup onions chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup mushrooms sliced
- 16 oz. sweet Italian sausage
- 1 jar marinara sauce
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Parmesan cheese for garnish
- Bring large stockpot of water to boil. Boil rigatoni pasta until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- In saute pan over medium heat, add olive oil. Add onions, garlic and mushrooms. Saute until vegetables start to brown. Add Italian sausage and cook until done, breaking into small pieces. Add sauce and bring to low boil.
- Add baby spinach. Cook until spinach is mostly wilted. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Add drained pasta to pan with sausage and sauce. Toss and divide between plates. Garnish with Parmesan cheese.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!