Jalapeno Sweet Potato Chowder
- 2 large sweet potatoes baked
- 1 small onion 1/4-inch diced
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 qt. chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 cups cooked chicken cubed
- 1 1/2 cups whole corn kernels
- 2 tsp. minced jalapenos
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp. salt
- Peel baked sweet potatoes; discard skin and puree
- In soup pot, sauté onion in butter until softened. Add pureed sweet potato and stock, as desired. Bring to boil, reducing liquid slightly.
- Add chicken, corn, jalapeños, heavy cream and salt. Simmer 10 minutes.
- To serve, ladle into bowls and garnish with chopped scallions.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!