Marinated Skirt Steak
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/4 cup fish sauce can substitute soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 lime juice only
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 small Thai bird chile or serrano chile chopped
- 1/4 head finely shaved green cabbage
- 1/4 head finely shaved purple cabbage
- 2 carrots thinly julienned
- 1 1/2 lbs. trimmed skirt steak
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 Tbsp. Sriracha
- salt to taste
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- 1/2 cup crushed peanuts
- 1 lime quartered, for garnish
- To make vinaigrette Mix oil, fish sauce, rice wine vinegar, water, sugar, cilantro, lime juice, garlic and chile. Toss cabbage and carrots in vinaigrette; refrigerate until ready to serve.
- To make skirt steak Marinate steak in coconut milk, garlic, lime juice, cilantro, Sriracha and salt, to taste, at least 1 hour up to 24 hours.
- Heat grill to high. Grill 3-4 minutes each side until medium rare. Let rest 3 minutes.
- Thinly slice steaks against grain and serve with vinaigrette, rice and crushed peanuts; garnish with lime wedges.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!