This is our third-year awarding scholarships to area high school students and each year we have had an overwhelming number of students apply. The response has been so high the Board of Directors doubled the number of scholarships to be awarded in 2020. This year we awarded eight scholarships, in the amount of $1000 each, to local students pursuing higher education.
We congratulate the accomplished students who were awarded a DS&O Electric Scholarship. Each winner demonstrated outstanding academic achievement and community service.
Our 2020 recipients are:
Be sure to congratulate the students listed above. If you would like to be considered for this scholarship in 2021, I have listed the eligibility requirements below.
- Available to current high school seniors and all college students who are dependents of active DS&O members.
- If a member is applying for himself or herself, then such member must be in good standing with the cooperative for at least 12 consecutive months. Good standing is defined as “a member that has paid all bills to the cooperative for which they are legally responsible or liable for the most recent 12 months without having been issued more than two disconnect notices.” This good standing requirement does not apply to dependents of active DS&O members.
- Must currently be a student at or be entering an accredited university, college, or vocational school in Kansas.
- Scholarships are for one year and can only be awarded to an individual one time. If an applicant is chosen to receive a scholarship, they may not reapply. If an applicant is not chosen to receive a scholarship, that applicant may apply as often as desired.
- DS&O employees and their dependents are not eligible. DS&O directors and their dependents are not eligible.
Visit our website at www.dsoelectric.com or contact our office if you would like more information about our scholarship program.