Minty Green Tea-Lemonade Punch
I adapted this iced tea punch from a Food Network recipe. It’s a bit of a riff on an Arnold Palmer, but with a range of flavors, made bubbly with a little sparkling water. I’ve made this refreshing drink to sip at home, as well as work functions, luncheons and a tea party for my nieces.
- 4 cups water
- 8 bags of green tea
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice about 4 lemons
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1 cup Mint Simple Syrup recipe below
- 2 cups chilled sparkling water
- Lemon slices and sprigs of fresh mint for garnish optional
Mint Simple Syrup
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar or equivalent of other sweeteners, such as Splenda or Stevia
- 1 cup chopped fresh mint.
- In a large saucepan, bring 4 cups of water just to the brink of a boil. Add green tea bags, and steep for several minutes. Let the tea cool to room temperature.
- Make the simple syrup by combining the water and sugar in a small saucepan. Bring to a bowl, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Allow to boil just for a few minutes. Remove from heat, add the chopped mint, and allow the syrup to cool to room temperature. Strain the syrup through a sieve and discard the mint.
- In a carafe or other lidded container, mix tea (discard the bags) with lemon juice, apple juice and mint simple syrup. Chill in the refrigerator for several hours. To serve, add the sparkling water, then pour into ice-filled glasses. Add fresh slices of lemon and sprigs of mint for garnish (if desired). Have additional sweetener on hand as needed.
Makes about 2 quarts of tea
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!