Use leftover poached pears or fresh ones, combined with juicy pineapple, for a festive filling in this Pear-Pineapple Crumble, a perfect fall dessert.
- 4 to 5 cups combination of fresh pineapple and fresh peeled or poached pear all cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1-1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 1 stick unsalted butter melted
- Combine filling ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- For crumble, mix dry ingredients (including walnuts) together; slowly add melted butter and combine with a fork (or your fingers) until mixed and broken up in large crumbs. Refrigerate topping for 30 minutes.
- Divide filling in four buttered 8-ounce ramekins. Top each with an equal amount of crumble.
- Place on a large baking sheet and bake at 350° for 25 to 30 minutes or until topping is golden brown and filling bubbly (you can also test doneness of fruit with a paring knife).
If using uncooked pears, a longer baking time may be required.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!