Source Beef. It’s What’s For Dinner.
Peppered Rib Roast with Roasted Garlic Sauce
- 1 beef Ribeye Roast prime rib
- boneless 4-6 lbs.
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tsp. coarse grind black pepper
- 2 medium heads garlic
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 cup reduced-sodium beef broth
- 2 Tbsp. dry sherry
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Chopped fresh parsley optional
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Combine parsley and pepper. Press evenly onto all surfaces of roast.
- Place roast, fat side up, on rack in shallow roasting pan. Insert ovenproof meat thermometer so tip is centered in thickest part of beef. Do not add water or cover.
- Cut about 1/4 inch off top of each garlic head, exposing cloves. Place in aluminum foil; drizzle each head with 1 teaspoon oil. Seal garlic in foil. Place alongside roast in pan.
- Roast 1 3/4 to 2 hours for medium rare; 2 to 2 1/4 for medium doneness. Roast garlic 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours or until very soft and golden brown; set aside.
- Remove roast when meat thermometer registers 135 F for medium rare; 145 F for medium. Transfer roast to carving board; tent loosely with aluminum foil. Let stand 15 to 20 minutes. Temperature will continue to rise to reach 145 F for medium rare; 160 F for medium.
- Meanwhile, squeeze garlic cloves from skins and mash. Combine garlic, broth and sherry in medium saucepan; bring to boil. Cook 10 to 11 minutes or until reduced by half. Add half-and-half; reduce heat and bring to a gentle boil. Continue cooking 4 to 6 minutes or until sauce is reduced to 1 cup, stirring occasionally. Keep warm.
- Carve roast into slices; serve with sauce. Garnish with additional parsley, as desired.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!