Pesto Ham and Cheese Pita Sandwiches
- 4 pita rounds
- 3 tablespoons prepared pesto
- 8 ounces shaved ham
- 4 slices Provolone cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Cut each of the pitas in half
- On one side of the pita, spread about 2 tablespoons of pesto.
- On the other side, add 2 ounces of ham and one slice of cheese; repeat for all 4 pitas.
- Sandwich the two sides of the pita together and spread the outsides with butter.
- Place a large skillet over low-medium heat.
- Cook the sandwiches over low-medium heat for about 5 minutes on the first side, then another 5 minutes on the other side, or until golden brown and melty.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!