Pimento (Red Pepper) Cheese-Bacon Burgers
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 tsp. Kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne powder
- 1/4 lb. extra sharp white cheddar cheese coarsely grated
- 1/4 lb. extra sharp yellow cheddar cheese coarsely grated
- 1/3 cup drained and finely chopped roasted red peppers grab a jar or roast yourself
- 1 1/2 lb. lean ground beef
- 4 hamburger buns
- 8 thick slices double smoked bacon crisp-cooked
- Combine mayonnaise, salt, pepper and cayenne in large bowl with fork. Stir in cheese and roasted peppers. Cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, shape ground beef into four patties. Season, if desired, with salt and black pepper; set aside.
- Grill or pan fry burgers, turning once, 8 minutes or until desired doneness. During last 30 seconds of cooking, evenly top each burger with cheese mixture, then cook covered until cheese melts slightly.
- Arrange burgers on buns, then evenly top with bacon and other toppings as desired.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!