Pink Lemonade Thumbprint Cookies
FOR THE COOKIES:
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup confectioners’ sugar divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- 2 tablespoons finely grated lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
FOR THE RASPBERRY GLAZE:
- 3 medium fresh raspberries
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ½ cup confectioners’ sugar
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, ½ cup confectioners’ sugar and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat together butter, ¼ cup confectioners’ sugar, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Beat on medium speed until light and fully combined, about 4-5 minutes. Beat in the flour mixture on low speed until just combined.
- Roll the dough into 1-inch balls and place in the freezer for 12-15 minutes.
- Transfer dough balls to a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or silicone baking mat, spacing 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and gently press the rounded part of a teaspoon into the center of each ball to create an indentation. Continue baking for 16-18 more minutes or until the cookies just start to brown on the bottom. Place the cookie sheets on a wire rack to cool.
- Make the glaze by breaking up the raspberries with a fork and whisking together with confectioners’ sugar and lemon juice.
- Garnish by dusting the cooled cookies with confectioners’ sugar. Then spoon or pipe the glaze into the indentations. Let the cookies set for at least 10 minutes before enjoying.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!