Popcorn Caramel Apples
- 1 quart freshly popped popcorn
- 1 package 9 1/2 ounces, 35 total caramels, unwrapped
- 1/4 cup light cream or half-and-half
- 4 lollipop sticks or wooden candy apple sticks
- 4 apples
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- sugar sprinkles
- decorative ribbon optional
- Place popcorn in large bowl; set aside. Place sheet of waxed paper on work surface.
- In small saucepan over medium-low heat, heat caramels and cream. Stir frequently until caramels are melted and cream is blended into caramels.
- Push one stick into apple center and dip into caramel. Spoon caramel over apple to coat. Repeat with remaining apples
- Place caramel-coated apple in bowl of popcorn and press popcorn onto caramel to cover. Place apple on waxed paper to set; repeat with remaining apples.
- In small, resealable plastic bag, microwave chocolate chips 10 seconds and press chips to aid melting. Repeat, heating at 10-second intervals, until chips are completely melted. Cut small corner off bag and squeeze chocolate onto each apple, allowing chocolate to drip down sides. Sprinkle with sugar sprinkles.
- Tie bow to each apple stick, if desired. To serve, cut apples into slices.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!