Playing “possum” beneath an innocent whipped cream topping are layers of cream cheese and chocolate. This easy, no-bake pie, made in minutes, is perfect for those who love rich desserts
- 1 9- inch graham cracker or shortbread crust
- 6 ounces cream cheese softened to room temperature
- 3/4 cup confectioner’s sugar
- Splash of vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1-3/4 cups whole milk
- 1/2 package instant vanilla pudding mix sugar-free or regular
- 1/2 package instant chocolate pudding mix sugar-free or regular
- 3/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream whipped
- additional pecan halves for decorating
- Beat cream cheese, confectioner’s sugar and splash of vanilla in a small bowl until smooth. Spread evenly in the pie crust; sprinkle with the chopped pecans.
- Combine the milk, pudding mixes and vanilla in a bowl; whisk for two minutes. Allow pudding to sit for two minutes to begin to set.
- Spoon over cream cheese/pecan layer.
- Chill for at least 4 hours. Top with whipped cream and pecan halves.
Note: You can make an easy switch to whipped dessert topping for the top of this pie, if desired.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!