- 3 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 2 ½ tsp. baking soda
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 can pumpkin 14 oz.
- 1 cup chopped nuts optional
- ½ cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1-2 Tbsp. milk or cream
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Prepare muffin pans by coating with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a very large bowl, sift together flour, salt, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice and baking soda.
- To the dry ingredients, add the sugar, oil, eggs, water and pumpkin. Mix very well to ensure there are no remaining lumps of flour. Gently stir in nuts, if desired.
- Divide the batter among the prepared muffin pans, filling about two-thirds full. Bake for 22–25 minutes for regular muffins or 12–15 minutes for mini muffins, or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow pumpkin muffins to cool in the pan for a few minutes before removing to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- If desired, whisk together glaze ingredients and drizzle over muffins.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!