Roasted Garlic Whipped Feta Crostini
- 1 bulb garlic about 12 cloves
- 4 Tbsp. olive oil plus additional for drizzling, divided
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt divided
- 1 1/2 tsp. pepper divided
- 32 baguette slices
- 8 oz. feta cheese
- 1/2 cup whole milk plus additional, if necessary (optional)
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/4 cup parsley minced
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Slice garlic bulb in half, exposing garlic heads, and place in center of large piece of tinfoil. Drizzle each half with 2 Tbsp. olive oil, 1/2 tsp. salt and 1/2 tsp. pepper. Wrap foil tightly around garlic and roast until caramelized, about 30 minutes.
- Place baguette slices on large baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Bake on second rack in oven until golden brown about 10 minutes; set aside.
- In high-speed food processor, pulse feta cheese, milk, lemon juice, remaining salt, remaining pepper and roasted garlic cloves until whipped and creamy, adding more milk as needed to reach desired consistency. Check for seasoning and adjust, to taste.
- To serve, spread each baguette slice with whipped feta and sprinkle with pomegranate seeds and minced parsley.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!