Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Garlic, Parmesan and Herbs
Thinly sliced sweet potatoes, coated in olive oil and butter and flavored with herbs, garlic and Parmesan, are roasted until melt-in-your-mouth tender, making an ideal dish for Thanksgiving or any time of year.
- 3-4 medium sweet potatoes long and slender work best for even slices
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. butter melted
- 4 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 12-14 fresh sage leaves
- Several springs of fresh thyme
- Heat oven to 400 F. Peel and cut sweet potatoes into thin slices.
- Place the sweet potato slices in a resealable bag. Add in the garlic, oil, butter, salt, garlic powder, pepper, Parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning and shake until well-coated.
- Lightly butter a baking dish and arrange coated sweet potatoes into a spiral. Tuck fresh sage leaves in between every few potato slices. Sprinkle with fresh thyme leaves and a little more Parmesan if you like.
- Bake sweet potatoes for 25-35 minutes. Garnish with fresh sage and thyme and serve warm.
- Note: The thickness of your sweet potato slices will determine the cooking time. I used a mandolin for very thin slices, and they were cooked in about 27 minutes.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!