Simple Cream Cheese Frosting
The perfect carrot (cake) topper, this cream cheese frosting couldn’t be any easier … or more delicious!
- 1 8 oz. package cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup 1 stick unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 tsp. lemon zest optional
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream butter and cream cheese together until combined and fluffy. On slow speed, blend in powdered sugar, vanilla, salt and lemon zest (if using). Beat on low speed for 30 seconds, then increase speed to medium high and beat until light and fluffy (about a minute).
- Spread on cakes or cupcakes. Any leftover frosting can be stored in a lidded container in the refrigerator for 4 or 5 days.
- Makes enough to frost a layer cake or 24 standard cupcakes.
Make a cinnamon cream cheese frosting by adding 1/2 tsp. cinnamon to this recipe.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!