Slow Cooker Chicken Burrito Bowls
- 1 jar 16 oz. chunky salsa
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 can 15 1/2 oz. black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups instant brown rice
- 1 cup corn kernels fresh or frozen
- chopped avocado for garnish
- chopped cilantro for garnish
- chopped red onion for garnish
- chopped tomatoes for garnish
- lime wedges for garnish
- sour cream or Greek yogurt for garnish
- shredded colby jack cheese for garnish
- In slow cooker, stir together salsa, chicken, broth and chili powder. Cook 3 1/2 hours on high or 7 1/2 hours on low.
- Transfer chicken to cutting board and coarsely shred; return to slow cooker.
- Stir in beans, rice and corn. Cook 30 minutes on high, or until rice is cooked through.
- Serve garnished with avocado, cilantro, onion, tomatoes, limes, sour cream and cheese.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!