Recipe from Beef. It’s What’s For Dinner.
Steak Crostini with Horseradish Whip
- 1 beef strip steak boneless
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 12 slices French bread cut 1 inch thick
- 12 arugula leaves
- Horseradish Whip
- 2 tsp. horseradish
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 Tbsp. chives
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Season steak evenly on both sides with salt and pepper. Add olive oil and place steak in skillet; cook strip steak 12 to 15 minutes for medium rare (145 F) to medium (160 F) doneness, turning occasionally. Remove steak and set aside to rest.
- Place sliced bread in single layer on baking sheet. Bake in 350 F oven for about 10 minutes or until lightly toasted but not brown. Set aside.
- Combine horseradish and heavy cream in a medium size mixing bowl. Mix over medium speed for about 5 minutes or until you form whip cream. Once formed remove bowl from mixer and fold in fresh chives and Parmesan cheese.
- Spread 2 tsp. horseradish whip onto each bread piece. Slice steak in 12 equal size pieces; top with steak and fresh arugula.
Tip Use leftover strip roast instead of steaks. Slice roast into 1/4 pieces. Reheat in a covered medium skillet over low heat about 4 to 6 minutes.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!