Sugar Cookies with Orange Glaze
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cake sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Pompeian Light Taste Olive Oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2-3 tablespoons unsweetened milk of choice
- 1 cup powdered sugar plus additional if needed, for thickening
- 2-3 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- orange slices or blood orange slices for topping
- sugar for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Lightly grease baking sheet.
- In large bowl, stir flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt to combine.
- Add olive oil, vanilla extract and almond extract. Stir until crumbly dough forms.
- Add 2 tablespoons milk; stir until soft dough ball forms, adding more milk if needed.
- Place dough ball on lightly floured surface. Roll out dough until 1/4-inch thick. Using jar lid or other circular object, cut out cookies; place on baking sheet. Repeat until all dough is used.
- Bake 8-10 minutes; do not overbake. Set aside to cool.
- To make glaze: In small bowl, stir powdered sugar, 2 tablespoons orange juice and salt until thick glaze forms. Add more juice, if needed, to thin out glaze or add more powdered sugar to thicken.
- When cookies are cooled, glaze them. Top with orange slices or blood orange slices and pinch of sugar.
Sodium: 95mgCalcium: 10mgSugar: 7gFiber: 1gPotassium: 10mgCalories: 60kcalMonounsaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gFat: 1gProtein: 1gCarbohydrates: 14gIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!