Sweet Potato Muffins
These sweet muffins are made sweeter and very moist with mashed sweet potatoes (you can even use leftover cooked sweet potatoes for these). Change up the nuts and dried fruits to your liking!
- 1/2 cup butter softened to room temperature
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. orange zest
- 1-1/4 cups mashed sweet potatoes
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted pecans
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup finely chopped candied ginger optional
- Heat oven to 350 F.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy
- Add eggs, vanilla and orange zest and mix well. Blend in sweet potatoes.
- Add dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, salt and spices) alternately with the milk and mix slightly.
- Fold in pecans, raisins and ginger (if using).
- Divide batter between two 12-cup muffin tins. Bake for 25 minutes.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!