TCEC established Operation Round Up with a mission of giving funds for charitable, educational, or emergency service purposes. Members can voluntarily round their bills up to an even dollar amount, giving them a chance to make a difference in their communities. Though this may seem like small change to an individual, together, it significantly impacts organizations throughout the cooperative’s service area. This quarter, the independent TCEC Foundation board of directors awarded $15,000 to seven local organizations that applied for funds. TCEC would like to thank all members who participate in Operation Round Up to make this program possible.
The TCEC Foundation is pleased to announce the approved donations to the following programs.
- $1,500 to Hooker Fights Hunger for the Hooker food pantry
- $3,000 to the Artist Incubation to support the Fall Youth Art Camp
- $1,600 to the Hands for Hope for freezer and bags
- $2,100 to the Elkhart Senior Citizen Dances
- $2,200 to the Girl Scouts of Texas Oklahoma Plains for a camping trailer
- $2,500 to the Guymon Rotary for the third-grade dictionaries project
- $2,100 to the Morton County Library for outdoor renovations
The TCEC Foundation Board of Directors meets quarterly to review applications for funds. Applications are due January 1 for consideration at the next meeting on January 12. Visit www.tcec.coop/oru for more information.