TCEC established the Operation Round Up program in 2021 in line with our cooperative principles and mission. Operation Round Up represents our commitment to community; the seventh Cooperative Principle, Concern for Community; and TCEC’s mission to safely power our communities with innovation, accountability and integrity — every member, every time. This program funds charitable, educational and emergency service organizations throughout the TCEC service area.
The independent TCEC Foundation Board of Directors met on Jan. 12 and disbursed $23,300 to 12 local organizations that applied for funds. The Foundation board would like to thank transmission owner GridLiance for their $5,000 donation to the Operation Round Up program. The board also thanks TCEC members who voluntarily round up their electric bills. Generous contributions like these have made $69,700 in local donations possible in the past year.
The TCEC Foundation is pleased to announce the donations to the following programs.
- $1,800 to Goodwell HillToppers to replace the carpet in their facility.
- $1,250 to the Hardesty Fire Department for automated defibrillators.
- $2,000 to Crossroads for their mentoring program.
- $3,000 to Cimarron County Food Pantry to replace deep freeze and refrigerator.
- $1,800 to Turpin Senior Citizens to repair floors.
- $2,800 to the Boise City Volunteer Firefighters for equipment upgrades.
- $1,000 to Cimarron County EMS to upgrade EMS office/storage.
- $500 to the Hooker Animal Shelter for facility renovations.
- $3,150 to the Balko Fire Department for a new set of FireFlex bunker gear.
- $2,000 to Guymon Public Schools for their “Full STEAM Ahead!” robotics kit.
- $1,500 to Learn and Play for new equipment.
- $2,500 to Goodwell Public Schools for greenhouse supplies.
If you would like to make a one-time donation to Operation Round Up instead of or in addition to rounding up your electric bill, make a check payable to the “TCEC Foundation” with Operation Round Up in the memo line and mail it to TCEC, PO Box 880, Hooker, OK 73945. Alternately, you can use the Operation Round Up page in SmartHub to change your contribution options. To learn more, contact TCEC at firstname.lastname@example.org or 580-652-2418.
The TCEC Foundation Board of Directors meets quarterly to review applications for Operation Round Up and disburse funds. Applications are due April 1 for consideration at the next meeting on April 13. If you know of a need, encourage the charitable organization to apply at www.tcec.coop/oru.