Turkey and Bean Tostadas
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes about 2 medium tomatoes
- 1 medium avocado halved, pitted and diced
- 1 large ear of corn husks and silk discarded, kernels removed
- 1-2 medium fresh jalapenos seeds and ribs discarded, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- nonstick cooking spray
- 5 corn tortillas 6 inches each
- 8 ounces ground skinless turkey breast
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 can 15 1/2 ounces no-salt-added black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons water
- To make salsa: In small bowl, stir tomatoes, avocado, corn, jalapenos, onions and lime juice. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- To make tostadas: Line baking sheet with aluminum foil. Lightly spray foil with nonstick cooking spray. Place tortillas on baking sheet. Lightly spray tortillas with nonstick cooking spray. Using fork, pierce tortillas several times to prevent from filling with air.
- Bake tortillas 5-6 minutes on each side, or until golden brown.
- In medium nonstick saucepan over medium-high heat, cook turkey, chili powder, cumin and coriander 5-6 minutes, or until turkey is no longer pink, stirring occasionally to turn and break up turkey.
- Add beans and water. Cook 5 minutes, or until beans are heated through. Using potato masher, coarsely mash beans. Remove from heat.
- To assemble tostadas, spread turkey mixture over each tortilla. Top with salsa.
Sodium: 163mgCalcium: 60mgVitamin C: 9mgVitamin A: 355IUSugar: 3gFiber: 3gPotassium: 257mgCalories: 80kcalMonounsaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gFat: 1gProtein: 2gCarbohydrates: 16gIron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!