Very Berry Gelatin Mold
Real fruit juice and fresh berries make this a flavorful,yet light and refreshing dessert to serve all spring and summer long.
- 2 pkgs. unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 cups cranberry juice or cranberry juice blend such as cran-raspberry
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 cups fresh halved strawberries
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- Whipped cream or topping for garnish if desired
- In a large saucepan, mix together the two packages of gelatin and the sugar. Mix in 1 cup of the cranberry juice, and heat on low, stirring, until the gelatin has dissolved. Off the heat, mix in the remainder of cranberry juice and the lemon juice.
- In an 8-cup ring mold that has been sprayed with cooking spray, layer in the strawberries evenly. Pour two cups of the gelatin/juice mixture over the fruit, then chill for at least 30 minutes or until it has just started to set.
- Mix the blueberries in the remaining gelatin mixture and spoon over the strawberry layer in the mold. Return to the refrigerator and chill for several hours or overnight. Invert mold onto a platter to release (to loosen, you can dip the mold in hot water for 20 to 30 seconds before you invert it) and serve with whipped cream or whipped topping.
Sugar-free juice can be used for this.
Sodium: 3mgCalcium: 16mgVitamin C: 35mgVitamin A: 67IUSugar: 29gFiber: 2gPotassium: 161mgCalories: 126kcalMonounsaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gFat: 1gProtein: 1gCarbohydrates: 32gIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!