Turning 70 is cause for celebration. Anyone and anything thriving for seven decades deserves accolades and freshening up — the things, not people.
As we ramp up our celebration of Kansas Country Living’s 70th anniversary this year, the magazine staff and Kansas electric cooperatives are excited to announce the launch of Kansas Country Living’s online companion, kclonline.com.
The site has been created keeping in mind two important facts:
- parts of rural Kansas, those areas that make up a majority of our readership, still do not have access to reliable broadband internet; and
- 96% of readers in our most recent readership survey prefer to receive the magazine and their co-op information in print.
Although most readers prefer the printed magazine, changing membership demographics and the desire for interactivity and visual content dictates we meet those needs too.
kclonline.com is an online community for Kansas electric co-op consumer-members to interact by sharing photos, videos, events, recipes, comments and story ideas.
The signature section of the site is Co-op Community Commitment. Each month staff gathers and posts stories from our electric co-ops that demonstrate the cooperative difference in our communities. We believe what happens every day in your communities with co-ops and co-op members as the driving force, are stories to be told beyond your co-op’s local magazine pages. Other site exclusives include:
- the ability to enter Around Kansas events on the website for publication in the magazine and online.
- “My Co-op” section that links to each co-op’s website.
- safety, lifestyle and cooking videos.
- sharing of co-op member photos and recipes.
- pasteboard photos (background behind the website) will be updated with reader-submitted photos.
I hope you will check out kclonline.com and participate in this online co-op community by sharing photos, recipes, comments and events.