Thank you to these recipients who improved our communities.
Since 2013 Western Cooperative Electric and CoBank have partnered to create the Sharing Success fund for community grants. Together, Western and Cobank have distributed over $80,000 since the program’s inception.
“The Sharing Success Program exists to make a positive difference in the communities Western serves,” said Nolan Numrich, Western Cooperative member service manager. “Charitable, educational, and nonprofit organizations are selected for Sharing Success funds based on community need and impact.”
In 2021-2022, Western Cooperative awarded twelve $1,000 grants. Those recipients were:
- Trego County Saddle Club: Concession stand and restrooms
- City of Dorrance: Establishment of a new city park
- Boy Scout Troop No. 101: Cedar Bluff picnic bench project
- City of Collyer: Playground equipment
- DSNWK: Fleet improvements
- Ellsworth County EMS: Training classroom
- St. Anthony’s: Schoenchen Park and Playground
- Disaster relief funds for Trego, Ellis, Rooks, and Russell counties.
- City of Palco: Playground improvements
To apply for the 2022 grant cycle, visit westerncoop.com/sharing-success-community-grants. Western began accepting applications April 1.