I adapted this recipe to use grilled zucchini (sliced lengthwise). Combined with creamy avocado, a little cilantro and a very simple vinaigrette, this makes a lovely, light summer salad.
- Six small zucchini cut in thin slices lengthwise and grilled
- 2 avocados peeled and sliced
- 2 Tbs. chopped cilantro
- 3 ounces shaved Parmesan cheese
- 6 Tbs. olive oil
- 3 Tbs. vinegar red or white wine recommended
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. sugar
- Arrange the grilled zucchini slices and avocado in a salad bowl or on a platter. Salt to taste, sprinkle with the cilantro, cheese and vinaigrette.
- To make the vinaigrette, place all the ingredients in a jar with a tight-fitting lid, Cover the jar and shake well to blend.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!