- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry thawed
- 2 cups Jarlsberg Cheese shredded
- 1 pound asparagus
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 Tbs. fresh thyme leaves
- Heat oven to 400° F. Prepare baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll out puff pastry into 16-by-10-inch rectangle; trim uneven edges. Place on baking sheet. Using knife, lightly score pastry dough 1 inch from edges. Using fork, pierce dough inside markings at 1/2-inch intervals. Bake until golden, about 15 minutes.
- Remove pastry shell from oven and sprinkle with shredded cheese. Trim bottoms of asparagus spears to fit crosswise inside pastry shell; arrange in single layer over cheese, alternating ends and tips. Brush with oil, sprinkle with thyme leaves and season with salt and pepper. Bake until spears are tender, about 20 minutes.
Serving: 4gSodium: 366mgCalcium: 438mgVitamin C: 9mgVitamin A: 1344IUSugar: 2gFiber: 3gPotassium: 240mgCholesterol: 40mgCalories: 257kcalSaturated Fat: 11gFat: 20gProtein: 17gCarbohydrates: 5gIron: 3mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!